Five Aerospace Engineering Faculty Promoted to AIAA Associate Fellows
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) announced that five University of Maryland Aerospace Engineering professors and faculty members have been named to the rank of Associate Fellow.
The Class of 2015 AIAA Associate Fellows Include:
- Dr. David Akin, Associate Professor
- Dr. Mary Bowden, Visiting Associate Professor
- Dr. William Fourney, Keystone Professor and Associate Dean of Engineering
- Dr. J. Sean Humbert, Techno-Sciences Associate Professor of Aerospace Innovation
- Curt Kothera, Visiting Assistant Research Scientist
According to AIAA, Associate Fellows are those individuals who have accomplished or been in charge of important engineering or scientific work, or who have done original work of outstanding merit, or who have otherwise made outstanding contributions to the arts, sciences or technology of aeronautics or astronautics.
Published October 24, 2014