Assistant Research Scientist
1132 Kim Bldg.
Structural health monitoring (SHM) Ultrasonic guided wave (GW) technique Phased array technique Sensor development.
- B. Yoo and D. J. Pines (2018), “External loading effects on guided wave magnetostrictive sensor using a surface-bonded nickel patch,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 55(2), 2018 (https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2018.2869159).
- B. Yoo and D. J. Pines (2018), “Investigation of the use of uniaxial comb-shaped Galfenol patches for a guided wave-based magnetostrictive phased array sensor,” AIP Advances 8, 056641, 2018 (https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5007670).
- B. Yoo and D. J. Pines (2017), “Development of Two-Dimensional Interdigitated Center of Pressure Sensor,” Smart Materials and Structures 26, 125013, 2017 (https://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-665X/aa9427).
- B. Yoo and D. J. Pines (2017), “Enhancement of directional sensitivity of magnetostrictive phased array sensor using a circular comb-shaped nickel patch,” AIP Advances 7, 056415, 2017 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4973951).
- B. Yoo, S-M. Na, A. B. Flatau, and D. J. Pines (2016), “Evaluation of magnetorheological elastomers with oriented Fe-Ga alloy flakes for force sensing applications,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 52 (7), 2016 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2016.2529499).
- M. E. Oetgen, A. Goodley, B. Yoo, D. J. Pines, and A. H. Hsieh (2016), “Ultrasonic Structural Health Monitoring to Assess the Integrity of Spinal Growing Rods In Vitro,” Spine Deformity, 4 (1), 65-69, 2016 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jspd.2015.06.008).
- B. Yoo, S-M. Na, A. B. Flatau, and D. J. Pines (2015), “Magnetic Shape Anisotropy Effect on Sensing Performance and Directional Sensitivity in Magnetostrictive Nickel Patch Transducer,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 27 (8), 1075-1091, 2016 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1045389X15585895).
- B. Yoo, S-M. Na, and D. J. Pines (2015), “Influence of Particle Size and Filling Factor of Galfenol Flakes on Sensing Performance of Magnetostrictive Composite Transducers,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 51 (11), 2015 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2015.2442247).
- B. Yoo, S-M. Na, A. B. Flatau, and D. J. Pines (2015), “Ultrasonic guided wave sensing performance of a magnetostrictive transducer using Galfenol flakes-polymer composite patches,” Journal of Applied Physics, 117, 17A916, 2015 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4916811).
- B. Yoo, S-M. Na, A. B. Flatau, and D. J. Pines (2014), “Directional magnetostrictive patch transducer based on Galfenol's anisotropic magnetostriction feature,” Smart Materials and Structures, 23, 095035, 2014 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0964-1726/23/9/095035).
- B. Yoo, A. S. Purekar, and D. J. Pines (2011), “Piezoceramic-based 2D Spiral Array and Multiple Actuators for Structural Health Monitoring: Thin Isotropic Panel with Straight Boundaries,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 22 (12), 1327-1343, 2011 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1045389X11416026).
- B. Yoo, A. S. Purekar, Y. Zhang, and D. J. Pines (2010), “Piezoelectric-paint-based two-dimensional phased sensor arrays for structural health monitoring of thin panels,” Smart Materials and Structures, 19 075017, 2010 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0964-1726/19/7/075017).