Undergraduate Advising Resources for Faculty and Students
Undergraduate Catalog 2012-2013
The Undergraduate Catalog provides information pertaining to undergraduate academic programs, including course descriptions and program requirements, and sets forth the university's academic, registration and graduation policies and regulations.
- Visit the Undergraduate Catalog
- Spring 2013 Advising List (Organized by student UID)
Student wants to take a course at another institution:
- Complete the "Permission to Enroll in Another Institution" form.
Undergraduates who wish to enroll in graduate courses should complete one of the following forms as appropriate:
- "Graduate Permission Form" (graduate course for graduate credit); or
- "Permission to Take a Graduate Course for Undergraduate Credit" form (graduate course for undergraduate credit)
- Both forms can be found at on the Clark School's Advising Forms page.
Reasons to file a "Petition for Exception to Policy" form:
- Student wants to take more than maximum credits
- Student wants to late add/drop a course
- Student wants to take a course more than twice
- Student wants to exceed repeat credit limit (18)
- Student wants to withdraw from more than 4 credits in a semester
- Student wants to register for courses that have time conflicts
- Faculty can and should give all ENAE stamps
- Dr. Sanner, Aileen and Erika can give stamps for the following courses:
- ENES 100
- ENES 102
- ENES 220
- ENES 232
- If students want stamps for any courses outside of Aerospace (ENAE) that are not listed above, they should be referred to the department that teaches the course.
Undergraduates who wish to study abroad should:
- Start by visiting and reviewing the information found at the University of Maryland Study Abroad web site as early in his or her undergraduate career as possible.
- Meet with:
- Jane Fines
- Jane Fines
Undergraduates must submit a senior audit when they have fulfilled ALL of the following criteria:
- They are 2 semesters away from graduating.
- Student has reached Junior status (earned 90 credits).
- Student is completing a senior design class in the next academic year.
Students must attach a copy of their Degree Navigator audit and get their assigned faculty adviser to approve and sign the senior audit form. Please submit completed senior audit forms to room 3181 by the end of the spring semester junior year.
Undergraduates who wish to know if courses will transfer should:
- Visit the "The Transfer Credit Center" web site
- Speak with Registrar if they are missing credit for any outside courses for which they submitted transcripts.
The student's advisor can access transfer credits in SIS and Degree Navigator.
- SIS: All transfer credits are found at the top of Student Record screen (go srecord).
- Degree Navigator:Transfer credits are listed in blue, lowercase letters and numbers.
Undergraduates who wish to file an incomplete
The mark of “I” is an exceptional mark that is an instructor option. It is given only to a student whose work in a course has been qualitatively satisfactory,
when, because of illness or other circumstances beyond the student’s control, he or she has been unable to complete some small portion of the work in the
course. In no case will the mark of “I” be recorded for a student who has not completed the major portion of the work of the course. Instructors can find this form in UMEG.
- File an Incomplete Contract (Undergrads Only)
To download a copy of the Aerospace (ENAE) four-year degree plan template: