News Story

Small Fire in J. M. Patterson Injures No One

Small Fire in J. M. Patterson Injures No One

UPDATE: as of noon on Tuesday, Jan. 17, J.M. Patterson has been re-opened.

A small electrical fire occurred in a lab in the J.M. Patterson building on Monday, January 16. No one was injured.

The fire started in the Lab for Advanced Materials Processing on the second floor of the building, apparently when a fan malfunctioned. The sprinkler system controlled the fire until emergency responders arrived. Officials are still determining how much damage there is. The building remains closed at this time while cleanup continues.

 


January 17, 2012

Prev  
Next

Current Headlines

Baeder Named Technical Fellow of the American Helicopter Society

Brin Family Prize Celebrates Student Innovation

Five Students Named MWC/ARCS Scholars

Elon Musk Tweets Back

Dynamic Futures

Aerospace Students Recognized for Achievements

Students Shine at AIAA Region 1 Student Conference

Elaine Oran Elected to American Academy of Arts and Sciences

News Resources

Return to Newsroom

Search News

Archived News

Events Resources

Events Calendar

Additional Resources

UM Newsdesk

Faculty Experts