Combined B.S./M.S. Program
The combined BS/MS is open to top aersopace undergraduate whose academic performance is exceptional and who meet the following criteria:
- At least Junior status in department;
- G.P.A. of at least 3.8 overall;
- Support of an ENAE faculty mentor;
- A letter of suport from a regular ENAE faculty member, who agrees to serve as the student's mentor for the BS/MS program.
- Submit the BS/MS Program Application to the Department during the beginning of the second semester of Junior year with the support of a faculty member.
- Begin MS thesis research with a summer internship at UMCP at UMCP after the junior year;
- Submit a Graduate Application and a Combined BS/MS course Approval Form to the graduate school during the senior year;
- Take graduate level courses during the senior year;
- Finish the remaining graduate courses and a master's thesis during one additional year as a graduate research assistant;
- An application for the BS/MS program must include a letter of support from a regular ENAE faculty member, who agrees to serve as the studet's mentor for the combined BS/MS program.
- Application must also include a Plan of Study approved by the mentor, that lists all courses the student intends to take each semester from the time of admission into the program until completion of the Master's Degree. This plan must also be approved by both the Undergraduate and Graduate Directors.
- Courses that will be double-counted must be clearly identified and a form must be submitted to the Graduate School to approve the arrangement.
- Students accepted into this program must also submit a separate but formal application to the Aerospace Graduate Program during their senior year.
- Note that acceptance into the program does not guaranteed successful completion of the program in one year.
For more information